Saturday, May 29, 2010

Banana Bread w/ Chocolate Chips


Ingredients:
3 bananas (or 2 large bananas)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk (I just use regular 2%)
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter or margarine
pinch of salt
2 cups flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Mix all of the ingredients except the flour with mixer. Add the flour to the mixture and beat. Stir in about 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips if desired. Pour into 4 greased, mini loaf pans and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes, then remove from pan and cool to room temp on cooling rack.

(I can't take credit for this recipe...it's Brenda's and it's the best!)

3 comments:

  1. I am going to buy some banana's today and try this! I just have to make sure that Jax doesn't see them because he doesn't let bananas go bad. He will eat them all in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie, This batter was really runny for me. I added a bit more flour. It was still really runny.
    I had to increase the cooking time...and it seemed to take forever.

    Did I do something wrong?!?!!?

    still tasted yummy though...but the top was rather overdone...and the middle could have used more time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you must have done something wrong OR I posted something wrong. I've made this a ton of times and the batter isn't runny at all. Let me look back at the recipe and make sure I didn't post something wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete