Friday, July 2, 2010

Italian Pasta Salad

Probably about a year ago, we went to my friend Jamie's house for a play date and lunch. She made this pasta salad and I loved it. There was even olives in it (which I picked out)!!! For those of you who don't know, I HATE olives.
So she sent me the recipe (which I lost), but I remember it was really easy and thought I may have remembered it...so Jamie, if you're reading this, SORRY if I botched the recipe! I just made it from memory...it was still delicious though!
(I forgot to take the picture until hours after I made it and it had been half eaten! Oops!)Ingredients:
1 box Rotini
1 bottle Italian Dressing
1 container grape tomatoes (cut in halves)
1 small can chopped black olives (Jamie may have used green when she made it)
1/2 red onion finely chopped
1 container of Feta Cheese Crumbles

All you do is cook the pasta, let it cool a bit and then add the dressing. I only used probably 3/4 of the bottle. I let it cool more while I chopped the veggies and then added those and refrigerated it until it was cold before I added the feta cheese.

I'm not a fan of blue cheese, but I'm sure you could use that as well in this recipe...and like I mentioned above, green olives would work too...or if you're like me, you could just leave them out all together! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nope that's it. It is about the easiest thing ever. Which is why I made it because, if it isn't easy I WILL botch the recipe. And I always use black olives because its the green ones that I hate!

    ReplyDelete